There are so many women of faith doing and thinking very cool things. We're fortunate to have had so many of them agree to come and do workshops with us. As you can see, all of the workshops have multiple presenters/facilitators. Our goal is to encourage a diversity of voices by having women in different ministries, cultures and age groups share together. We hope you're as excited as we are!
Women and the Word: Perspectives on theology and scripture texts about women
What can we learn from theologians, Bible scholars and ministers about the role of women in ministry? What resources can the Bible give us to deepen our ministry and our role as leaders?
- Dr. Lydia Neufeld Harder
- Senior Fellow, Toronto Mennonite Theological Centre
- Fiona Jack
- Young Adult Ministry Director, Knox Presbyterian
- Rev. Dr. Ann Jervis
- Professor of New Testament and Senior Fellow, Massey College, University of Toronto
Living in the Body: Healthy sexuality in ministry life
How do we understand our sexuality and our bodies in ways that reflect the kingdom of God? In an era when more women are coming forward with experiences of boundary crossings within their church, work and personal lives, how do we minister in ways that bring wholeness and freedom? How do we build a safe, inclusive and welcoming church?
Event Manager, Generous Space Ministries
Attending to our Deepest Selves: Staying whole in ministry life
What are principles and practices that can help us flourish in our ministry and personal lives? Gather advice, support and inspiration on creating and maintaining self-care and spiritual practices that inspire health and longevity in ministry.
- Rev. Leigh Kern
- Coordinator of Indigenous Ministries and Reconciliation Animator, Diocese of Toronto, Anglican Church of Caada
- Diane Marshall
- Registered Psychotherapist and Marriage and Family Therapist, Institute of Family Living
- Ginnie Wong
- Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator, St. John’s Willowdale
Just Work: Juggling financial realities and personal callings in a gig economy
In the reality of freelance and part-time work, how do we have difficult conversations about wages, benefits and job security with our ministries, our supporters and our families? How can we find creative solutions to financial and professional health while serving our communities with energy and integrity?
- Rev. Judith Alltree
- Executive Director, Mission to Seafarers, Southern Ontario
Senior Port Chaplain, Toronto and Oshawa
- Clara Pasieka
- Youth Ministry Coordinator, Church of the Holy Trinity (Anglican)
Legislative Intern, Ontario Legislature
- Rev. Pamela Rayment
- Rector, Emmaus Anglican Church
Indigenous Representative to the Diocesan Executive Committee
The Praxis of Womanhood: Embodying ourselves in ministry life
Many of us work in ministry without the gift of role models of women who moved in these spaces before us. With our supervisors and mentors most often being men, where do we learn what it looks like to lead as a woman? From the philosophical to the pragmatic, this workshop will consider what it means to be doing ministry in and out of a woman’s body.
- Rev. Jacqueline Daley
- St. Margaret's New Toronto
- Janet Kim
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Rev. Joan Mitchell
- Spiritual Director